Monday, May 31, 2010

My experiences in biotech-Flynn

Mrs. Allsbrook's Intro to Biotechnology class has helped me understand the concepts of many DNA related experiments such as DNA fingerprinting and bacterial transformtion. With this knowledge I am now able to understand many things I see in everyday life throughout the media and conversing with people in college and in the work force about modern application of biotechnology. The Magnolia Project is a culmination of all the labs and experiments we performed during the class. We needed to know all the things we do now to perform adequate research for the Magnolia Project. Overall the Intro to Biotechnology class has given me a foundation in biotechnology that will greatly help me if I pursue a field in biotechnology in college. Even if I do not further pursue biotechnology, this class has given me valuable insights into many modern, controversial issues of our day revolving around organisms and their manipulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment